Lamb Shank Tacos
700g Nourish Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks - Seasoned (1 packet)
2 Tbsp Harissa (see recipe below)
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp chilli flakes
Salt & pepper
- Combine lamb ingredients in a roasting pan and leave to marinate for 15 minutes (or in the fridge overnight).
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning the lamb after 15 minutes. It will form a delicious crunchy crust when done!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 x onion, diced
2 x garlic cloves, peeled
4 cups frozen peas
1 x bag baby spinach
100g feta, crumbled
Juice of 1 lime
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onions and garlic over a low heat until soft.
- Add peas and cover with a lid to steam over a low heat for a few minutes until bright green.
- Pour hot pea mix into a whiz, add spinach, feta and lime juice and pulse until it forms a rough puree.
1 x cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 x green chili finely sliced
Juice of a lime
Salt & pepper
- Mix to combine and season to taste.
Pickled Red Onions
2 x red onions, halved and thinly sliced
1 x bay leaf
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
- Toast spices in a warm fry pan until fragrant and add to the onions.
- Heat vinegar, salt and sugar in a pot and pour over the onion mix. Cool. Best made a few hours before needed and will keep for months in a jar in the fridge.
1 packet of Corn Tortilla (we prefer Tio Pablo brand)
- Cook tortillas according to packet instructions.
- Serve immediately with bowls of torn lamb, pea smash, cucumber salad, pickled onions, crème fraiche, lime wedges.
Share this recipe